The genealogical library at the Ogunquit Heritage Museum consists of books and papers originally owned by the late Charles Littlefield Seaman, an Ogunquit genealogist and historian.  It was a dream of his to donate this to the Museum and this wish became a reality when his estate was The Littlefield Crest settled in 2003.  Books and archives donated to the museum have been added and this combined collection is known as the Littlefield Library.
The growing collection currently consists of almost 600 volumes of genealogy, family history, town and regional history, vital records, periodicals and maps focusing on Maine and other New England states.  There are also approximately 25 linear feet of manuscripts, family group sheets and biographies.   The library has been supported by the Friends of the Ogunquit Heritage Museum and by memorial donations in memory of Mr. Seaman.

Charles Littlefield Seaman (1930–2003) , a lifetime resident of Ogunquit, was a direct descendent of Edmund Littlefield, the immigrant ancestor of the Littlefields in New England and other parts of the country.  Charles' interest in genealogy and history led him to establish the Littlefield Family Newsletter (a quarterly genealogical journal) in 1991 and to author three books on Ogunquit history.  The newsletter is carried on today by Peter Woodbury of Ogunquit.  Charles was a member of several genealogical societies and was a volunteer consultant at the Historical Society of Wells and Ogunquit for many years.

The Littlefield Library is open at its permanent location at the Captain James Winn House during the Museum’s regular hours.